A security operations center (SOC) is an important tool for detecting and defending against current IT security threats and supporting IT compliance. The most important tasks of the SOC are:
- Detecting suspicious activities in your IT infrastructure
- Sounding the alarm in the event of critical incidents
- Initiating effective countermeasures
There is a wide range of events that an SOC can deem to be unusual. They can be a sign of an ongoing attack, a compromised system, activities by a malicious insider or a loss of performance. These are all very complex events. That is why operating an SOC requires experienced and well-trained security specialists.
At our headquarters in Wiesbaden, we at SVA operate an SOC that is available around the clock and can offer you four frequently required service elements as part of a modular offering
- SVA security intelligence platform: Provision and operation of a central platform for security event management and analysis.
- Network traffic and behavior analysis: Additional network traffic data for the security intelligence platform.
- Emergency response service: Comprehensive support to minimize damage and forensics in the event of a security incident.
- Security monitoring: Continuous monitoring and analysis of security incidents by security specialists, including alerting.