Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
We have summarized the most important questions and answers about the it-sa 365 and it-sa Expo&Congress for you.
- FAQ for users of it-sa 365
- FAQ for exhibitors at it-sa Expo&Congress
- FAQ for visitors at it-sa Expo&Congress
FAQ for users of it-sa 365
What are the advantages of registration?As an unregistered / logged in user I can see a lot of information: Professional articles (under Knowledge), company profiles (under Company) and product profiles (under Products & Solutions). You can also view the descriptions of the so-called actions (keynotes, webinars, discussion groups). However, it is not possible to register/participate in an action. The following contents / functions can only be used with a registration (and logged in):
I did not receive a confirmation-email (double opt-in) or a passwort-reset-email. What can I do?
The link in my confirmation email does not work.
My company has a company profile. How can I be assigned to the company?
How can I log in?
How do I know that I am logged in?
I entered an incorrect e-mail address during registration. What can I do?
My personal area
How can I change my data?
- To change data you have to be logged in.
- Then go to your personal profile (via the profile icon on the top right) and select "Edit profile".
- Here you can change, complete or delete your data.
How can I delete my profile?
- To delete your profile, please write an appropriate e-mail to email@example.com.
- We will take care of your request as soon as possible.
- Under the heading "My Actions" you will find the actions (keynotes, product presentations, webinars, etc.) for which you are already registered.
- It is not yet possible to unsubscribe in the current version.
- To participate, simply click on "Participate" on the respective action description page.
- Please also refer to the FAQs on participating in Actions.
My appointment calendar
- When you register, a free calendar is automatically created for you.
- Under the heading "My personal calendar" you will find all your appointments (requested, confirmed, own appointment blockers).
- Please also note the FAQs on making appointments / getting in touch.
- Appointment blockers and appointments with other users can only be set from Mon-Fri between 8:00 and 18:00.
- With your registration your calendar is 'free' for the time being.
- If you do not want to receive appointments via it-sa 365 on certain days/times, please enter corresponding appointment blockers in your calendar.
- You can find more information under "How can I set an appointment block".
- Only the appointments that take place in the selected period will be displayed in your personal calendar. You make the selection via the date display.
I do not want to be contacted. How can I set this?
- Go to "My personal calendar" and select "New appointment".
- There you enter a serial appointment to block your entire calendar.
- With "Set appointment" you confirm the entry.
- From now on, no one can select free slots from your calendar and thus you can no longer be contacted.
Make an appointment / get in contact
How can I make an appointment with another user?
- Making an appointment with another user requires registration.
- As a registered user, you have the option of contacting another person directly at various points on the platform.
- To make an appointment with another person, go to the person's profile and click on the "Make appointment" button. This is located at the top right of the respective profile.
- Via "Make appointment" you can choose from the free appointment slots of the person. You enter the following data when requesting an appointment: Title, date and duration (15 minute steps).
- The free appointment slots of the person with whom you wish to make an appointment that are available in the desired time period with the desired duration will be suggested to you.
- Choose an appointment proposal and click on it. Please indicate whether you would like to exchange information via chat or video call during the selected period (this can also be changed spontaneously during the appointment).
- Enter a short description of what you would like to talk about with the other person.
- Then click "Request appointment".
- The appointment will now appear in your personal calendar on the platform "subject to change".
How can I create an appointment pad for myself?
- For time periods in which you do not want to be contacted, you have the option to block time slots so that other users cannot send appointment requests at this time.
- To do this, go to "My personal calendar" and click on "Set new appointment block".
- Please enter the following content: Date, duration of the appointment, title, description and if necessary how often your appointment should take place daily (repeat series).
- Click on "Create appointment".
How will my appointment be confirmed? How can I confirm an appointment?
- Once the other person confirms your appointment request, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to your chat/video call room.
- In addition, your appointment will be displayed in your personal calendar as "Booked" and will now no longer be available for appointment requests from other users of the platform.
How can I attend an appointment?
- At the agreed time, click on "Join online room" via your calendar or via your confirmation email. Now you can talk to the selected person.
- If you want to talk to your conversation partner for longer than the specified time, this is possible without further ado. The digital room will only be closed when you leave it.
How can I cancel an appointment I have already made?
- To cancel an appointment, please log in to the platform, go to your personal profile and select (via Profile FlyOut) "My personal calendar".
- Click on the appointment in your calendar that you want to cancel. The appointment will open. Click on "Cancel appointment".
- You and, if applicable, your call partner receive a confirmation by e-mail that the appointment has been canceled.
- The canceled appointment disappears from your calendar.
How can I change an appointment?
- You cannot change an appointment with another person. Here you have to proceed as follows:
- Cancel the corresponding appointment as described under 'Cancel appointment'.
- Go to the profile of the person you want to talk to and suggest a new appointment.
- To do this, proceed as described under 'Make appointment'.
Send a message
How can I send a message to another user?
- The "Send a message" feature requires you to be registered on the platform.
- As a registered user, you can then send a personal message to another registered user of the platform.
- To send a message, you can find the person you want to write to in the 'Networking' area when logged in. Go to that person's profile and click on the 'Send a Message' button. Then you can type in the message and send it.
- In your personal profile under 'My Messages' you can view all messages sent and the history. You can also reply to messages there.
- As a registered user, you will receive an e-mail notification once a day if there is a new message. Of course, this message will only be sent if a new message has been received.
- The messages can be sent with or without a subject (1000 characters, plain text).
How can I save individual contents of the platform for quick access?
Cookie guidelines / Cookie Consent Tool
- On your first visit to itsa365, you will be asked for consent for certain cookies & data. You can adjust this according to your wishes.
- The selected settings can of course be viewed at any time and changed if necessary. To do this, click on the wheel at the bottom left of the page.
Participation in action
How can I register for an action?
- The registration to an action requires the registration. As a logged-in user, you will see the "I'm in" button on the action details page.
- After clicking on this button, you will receive the message "You are registered" and the action will be added to your personal area under "My Actions".
- In addition, you will receive an email with the calendar entry and the link to participate.
How does the participation work?
- For the actions we use Cisco Webex.
- You can either join using the link in your e-mail OR via the Personal Area under the "My Actions" section.
- Follow the instructions of the program there.
- For detailed instructions see: help.webex.com
- If you have any questions, you can ask them to the moderator either through the chat, or through the "Questions & Answers" feature.
Playing an action as video
Shortly after an action, this is available as a video on it-sa 365. Only registered and logged-in users can watch an action as video afterwards. Please check your cookie settings in advance:
- Click on the cookie icon (wheel) at the bottom left
- Then scroll down the list of providers to Vimeo and YouTube
- Enable cookies for Vimeo and YouTube
- Click on "Save + Exit"
FAQ for exhibitors at it-sa Expo&Congress
What does at it-sa Expo&Congress cost?
What are the opening times at it-sa Expo&Congress?09:00 - 18:00 Uhr (Tuesday and Wednesday)
09:00 - 17:00 Uhr (Thursday)
When are the assembly and dismantling times?
Saturday, 22 Oktober 2022: 07:00 - 22:00
Sunday, 23 Oktober 2022: 07:00 - 22:00
Monday, 24 Oktober 2022: 07:00 - 20:00
Thursday, 27 Oktober 2022: 17:00 - 22:00
Friday, 28 Oktober 2022: 07:00 - 19:00
Saturday, 29 Oktober 2022: 07:00 - 19:00
Dismantling is permitted on the last day of the exhibition from 17:00 to 22:00.
What do the marketing services include?
When you make a binding application to be an exhibitor, you will receive our marketing services, which include the following:
- Entry in the printed exhibition guide
- 1 free exhibition guide
- Entry in the online exhibitor directory
- Basic advertising package (admission vouchers, visitor brochures, stickers)
- Press releases displayed in the press centre
- Online advertising banners
What does the Company & Product Package include?
With the Company & Product Package you will be listed as a provider on the it-sa 365. The package includes the following services:
- Company profile
- Up to 5 product profile pages including pictures, product description etc.
- Contact and exchange possibilities, e.g. via the online appointment system
You can find further information in the service description under Information & Regulations.
What is the AUMA fee?The Association of the German Trade Fair Industry (AUMA) charges a fee of EUR 0.60 per square metre of exhibition space for the representation of your interests.
NürnbergMesse GmbH collects the corresponding amount to forward it to the AUMA.
You can find further information on the AUMA website
Is the direct sale of exhibition goods to visitors permitted?As it-sa Expo&Congress is purely a trade fair, the sale of exhibition goods at the stand is not permitted.
How can I hire a complete rental stand?Design and rent your complete stand really easily online using our exhibition stand configurator. A complete stand is the cost-effective alternative to an individual stand. The smart modular system provides a lot of scope for your design ideas and offers you simple complete solutions.
Can I dismantle my stand before the official end of the exhibition?We ask for your understanding that no partially or full dismantling of a stand and products is possible before the official end of it-sa. The stand staff may also not be removed before the end of the exhibition. It is for the benefit of all the exhibitors that the exhibition runs free of disruption for its entire duration.
Please note that NürnbergMesse GmbH will charge a fee of EUR 800 in the event of a contravention of this. In addition, NürnbergMesse GmbH shall reserve the right to bar an exhibitor who has caused a disruption due to the premature dismantling of a stand from the next event.
FAQ for visitors at it-sa Expo&Congress
Do I have to be a trade visitor to be able to visit it-sa Expo&Congress?
it-sa Expo&Congress is reserved for professionals from the cybersecurity sector. As a visitor, you do not have to prove your industry affiliation, however. Please note that – as at all trade fairs – a direct sale to end consumers is not possible.
Are children admitted to it-sa Expo&Congress?
No, it-sa is only open to people over the age of 16 – even babies and infants cannot be brought with you. There is no childcare.
Can I bring pets with me to it-sa Expo&Congress?For safety reasons, you are not allowed to bring pets with you. Guide dogs are, of course, an exception to this rule.
Travel and services on-site
What address shall I enter in my navigation system?You can simply enter "Nürnberg". The dynamic traffic guidance system will guide you past all the queues to a vacant parking space. Alternatively, please use the following address:"Karl-Schönleben-Strasse, 90471 Nürnberg" or the special destination "Messe".
Where can I find parking spaces? How much do these cost? Are there disabled parking spaces?
There are enough parking spaces on-site. Our parking guidance system guides you to the vacant parking spaces; the daily charge is EUR 10 during it-sa Expo&Congress. Parking spaces for disabled people are located near the entrances.
Are there pitches for caravans?
Within walking distance of the exhibition centre, there is a camp site, KNAUS Campingpark Nürnberg, at which exhibition visitors who come with a caravan can rent pitches. No caravans can be parked on the site of the exhibition centre Nuremberg itself.
Is there a shuttle service from the airport/Nuremberg Central Station to the exhibition centre?
No because you can reach the exhibition venue quickly and easily both from the Central Station and from the airport with public transport. You can find further information on this in our travel tips.
Are there lockers at the exhibition venue?
Yes, there are lockers in the West entrance area. Use of these is free of charge. The coin that you have to insert to lock the lockers serves as a deposit and will be returned.
Trolleys can be handed in at the cloakroom at a charge of EUR 2.
Can I use WiFi at the exhibition venue?
As a visitor of it-sa Expo&Congress, you are online free of charge throughout the exhibition venue.
Whom should I contact if I have lost something?
Please contact our colleagues from Security Control Unit (SCU) at T +49 9 11 86 06-70 00. They can tell you if the lost property has been turned in.
Can I buy something at it-sa Expo&Congress?
No, there are no direct sales.
How to travel barrier-free? Which services provides the exhibition center?
Tickets and vouchers
How do I get an entrance ticket for it-sa Expo&Congress?Tickets sales and voucher redemption will take place exclusively online. Register in our online TicketShop to purchase your entrance ticket or redeem your voucher code in advance. Tickets cannot be purchased on-site, neither can voucher codes be redeemed on-site.
After you completed the registration process successfully until the confirmation page "Thank you for your order", you will receive your e-Ticket by e-mail or you can print it out immediately by clicking on "View my tickets".
In exceptional cases please contact VisitorServices directly via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at T +49 9 11 86 06-96 96.
In many countries, the international representatives of NürnbergMesse are available for ticket sales, as well as for the provision of information about visas.
Can I use the public transport in Nuremberg with my exhbition ticket?
No, unfortunately, you cannot use the public transport with your ticket. You can find further information on fares etc. at www.vgn.de.
Is my voucher (printed voucher or electronic voucher code) valid for one or several days?Your voucher ticket is valid for admission for the whole trade fair.
Carl Veldman and team
Regardless of whether it's tickets, registration, services at the trade fair center or the trade fair program: Are you planning your visit to the trade fair and still have questions? The VisitorService team will be happy to help email@example.com +49 9 11 86 06-96 96