The PROVAIA security gateway for removable media provides a new security service that addresses the current risks associated with the exchange of information via mobile data carriers. Network transitions are already successfully monitored: keyword perimeter protection.
Importing and exporting information via mobile data carriers poses a considerable risk to IT security. These threats can now be effectively addressed.
With the PROVAIA appliance, a secure perimeter is established in front of the corporate network, in which mobile media can be safely checked and, if necessary, cleaned up.
By combining different security mechanisms, a level of protection is achieved that goes far beyond established solutions. Extensive configuration options are available so that the security service can be individually adapted to the requirements of an organization. This allows IT security policies to be enforced at key points without disrupting business processes and workflows.
PROVAIA offers the following features, among others:
- Scanning of mobile media and devices with at least two independent antivirus scanners for malware, even within TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt or BitLocker containers as well as password-protected archives
- Removal of potentially malicious files
- Secure deletion of mobile media ("wipe")
- Detection and disabling of autorun functions
- Removal of all active or invisible content by converting common Office documents to open document format (ODF) or portable document format (PDF)
- Import of checked/converted files to other mobile media or network shares
- Export of data to mobile media
- Support for the endpoint protection software "Data Protection" from the company EgoSecure